Minor in Customer Service Management
Students may seek an academic minor in customer service management.
The customer service management minor complements the skills the student gains in his or her major discipline by providing a study of how customer service managers make informed decisions regarding organization, planning, operating procedures, management, and allocation of limited resources.
Requirements for the Minor
A minor in customer service management requires the completion of 15 credits in customer service management coursework, chosen from the following courses:
- ACCT 301 Accounting for Nonaccounting Managers
- BMGT 317 Decision Making
- BMGT 364 Management and Organization Theory
- BMGT 375 Purchasing Management
- BMGT 487 Project Management I
- HRMN 302 Organizational Communication
- HRMN 406 Employee Training and Development
- MRKT 395 Managing Customer Relationships
Courses already applied toward other degree requirements (e.g., major or general education) may not be applied toward the minor. At least 9 credits must be earned in upper-level courses (numbered 300 or above). Prerequisites apply for all courses.