Minor in Cybersecurity
Students may seek an academic major or minor in cybersecurity.
The cybersecurity minor complements the skills the student gains in his or her major discipline by providing a study of the principles, issues, and technologies pertinent to the field of cybersecurity.
Requirements for the Minor
A minor in cybersecurity requires the completion of 15 credits of coursework in cybersecurity, chosen from the following courses:
- CMIT 320 Network Security (3)
- CMIT 321 Ethical Hacking (3)
- CMIT 424 Digital Forensics Analysis and Application (3)
- CMIT 425 Advanced Information Systems Security (3)
- CCJS 421 Principles of Digital Forensics (3)
- IFSM 304 Ethics in Information Technology (3)
- IFSM 432 Business Continuity Planning (3)
- Any CSIA courses
Courses already applied toward other degree requirements (e.g., major or general education) may not be applied toward the minor. At least 9 credits must be earned in upper-level courses (numbered 300 or above). Prerequisites apply for all courses.