Minor in International Business
Students may seek an academic minor in international business.
The international business minor complements the skills the student gains in his or her major discipline by presenting the basic concepts, theories, policies, and practices that support the institutional, environmental, functional, and strategic framework for conducting global business transactions.
Requirements for the Minor
A minor in international business requires the completion of 15 credits of coursework in international business management. Students must complete BMGT 392 Global Business. The remaining coursework may be chosen from the following:
- ACCT 425 International Accounting
- BMGT 307 Import and Export: Managing Global Trade
- BMGT 437 International Business Law
- BMGT 456 Managing Across Cultures and Borders
- BMGT 466 Global Public Management
- FINC 460 International Finance
- HRMN 467 Global Human Resource Management
- MRKT 454 Global Marketing
Courses already applied toward other degree requirements (e.g., major or general education) may not be applied toward the minor. At least 9 credits must be earned in upper-level courses (numbered 300 or above). Prerequisites apply for all courses.