Certificate in Accounting and Information Systems
This certificate emphasizes an understanding of how information systems affect accounting. Focus is on the development of systems and managing the risk and security related to systems.
Students must have an undergraduate minor in accounting (or 15 credits in undergraduate accounting) with a minimum grade of "C" in each course to enroll in this certificate program.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- ACCT 610 Financial Accounting (3)
- ACCT 614 Accounting Information Systems (3)
- IMAT 637 IT Acquisitions Management (3)
- INFA 610 Foundations of Information Security and Assurance (3)
Note: ACCT 610 is prerequisite for all other accounting courses.