Certificate in Accounting
The certificate in accounting is designed to broaden and deepen the accounting knowledge of practicing professionals. As accountants become cost consultants and systems design partners in an information technology and e-business based environment, participants will be prepared to respond to the changing role of accountants in modern organizations.
Students must have an undergraduate minor in accounting (or 15 credits in undergraduate accounting) with a minimum grade of "C" in each course to enroll in this certificate program.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 - Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0)
(Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- ACCT 610 - Financial Accounting (3)
- ACCT 611 - Management Accounting (3)
- ACCT 612 - Auditing Process (3)
- ACCT 614 - Accounting Information Systems (3)
Note: ACCT 610 is prerequisite for all other accounting courses.