Certificate in Acquisition and Supply Chain Management
The certificate in Acquisition and Supply Chain Management is designed to familiarize participants with the broad concepts and strategies of procurement and contract management. Major topics include the foundations of pricing and negotiations, basic aspects of contracting, procurement of services and products, aspects of commercial transactions, logistics, and materials management.
Total Semester Hours: 15
- UCSP 615* Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- ASCM 626 Purchasing and Materials Management (formerly MGMT 626, ADMN 626) (3)
- ASCM 627 Legal Aspects of Contracting (formerly MGMT 627, ADMN 627) (3)
- ASCM 628 Contract Pricing and Negotiation (formerly MGMT 628, ADMN 628) (3)
- ASCM 629 Strategic Purchasing and Logistics (formerly MGMT 629, ADMN 629) (3)
- ASCM 630 Commercial Transactions in a Technological Environment: Law, Management and Technology (formerly MGMT 660, ADMN 660) (3)
* The UCSP 615 requirement may be waived if you previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. For more information, contact your academic advisor.