Certificate in Computer Networking
Also available online
The computer networking certificate is appropriate for students who want to work as network administrators for a business, government, or nonprofit organization. The program offers hands-on training in state-of-the art computer technology. With appropriate choice of courses, this certificate may be completed while pursuing the Bachelor of Science in computer networking and security.
Note: Courses may be applied to only one certificate; some prerequisites may need to be fulfilled before beginning certificate courses.
Five required courses:
- CMIT 202 Fundamentals of Computer Troubleshooting (3)
- CMIT 265 Fundamentals of Networking (3)
- CMIT 320 Network Security (3)
- CMIT 350 Interconnecting Cisco Devices (3)
- CMIT 368 Windows Server Administration (3)
One supporting elective: 3
Chosen from any upper-level CMIT course
Total credits for certificate in Computer Networking: 18