Certificate in Health Care Administration
The certificate in health care administration is designed for health care professionals who want to update their knowledge base in health care administration. It may help students qualify for entry-level management positions in health services organizations or other health care business enterprises. Note: Students who have not met course prerequisites may need to complete more than 18 credits to satisfy certificate requirements.
Note: HCAD courses are only available to students enrolled in a health care administration track, degree, or certificate program.
Total Semester Hours: 18
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- HCAD 620 The U.S. Health Care System (3)
- HCAD 650 Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration (3)
- HCAD 660 Health Care Institutional Organization and Management (3)
- HCAD 610 Information Technology for Health Care Administration (3)
- HCAD 630 Public Health Administration (3)
- HCAD 640 Financial Management for Health Care Organizations (3)
Note: HCAD courses are only available to students enrolled in a health care administration track, degree, or certificate program. The certificate may require more than 18 credits if the following prerequisites have not been met: Students must have completed MGMT 615 before enrolling in HCAD 660. Students must take MGMT 640 (formerly ADMN 630) before taking HCAD 640.