Certificate in Health Informatics Administration
The certificate in Health Informatics Administration provides health care professionals current knowledge, practices, and skills in the application of information technology to health care.
Total Semester Hours: 18
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- HCAD 600 Introduction to Health Care Administration (3)
- ITEC 610 Information Technology Foundations (3)
- DBST 651 Relational Database Systems (3)
- HIMS 655 Health Data Management (3)
- INFA 610 Foundations of Information Security and Assurance (3)
- HIMS 661 Health Informatics Administration (3)
1 Source: “Recovery: Job Growth and Education Requirements Through 2020,” Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce, 2013.
Make Yourself Indispensable
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing industries in the U.S. economy. More than 6.6 million jobs are predicted to be created in the healthcare services industry, with professional and technical healthcare jobs predicted to grow 31 percent, by 2020.1
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.