Certificate in Human Resource Management
Also available online
The human resource management certificate helps prepare students for supervisory and midlevel management positions in human resource management and enables employees in public- and private-sector organizations to upgrade their skills with the theory and practical knowledge necessary to advance to a higher level. The certificate helps prepare the student for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification examinations. With appropriate choice of major and elective courses, this certificate may be completed while pursuing the Bachelor of Science in human resource management.
Note: Courses may be applied to only one certificate; some prerequisites may need to be fulfilled before beginning certificate courses.
Three required courses:
- BMGT 364 Management and Organization Theory (3)
- HRMN 300 Human Resource Management (3)
- HRMN 400 Human Resource Management: Issues and Problems (3)
A labor management course chosen from the following: 3
Two supporting electives chosen from the following: 6
- BMGT 365 Organizational Leadership
- BMGT 391 Supervision
- BMGT 464 Organizational Behavior
- BMGT 465 Organization Development and Transformation
- HRMN 367 Organizational Culture
- HRMN 395 The Total Awards Approach to Compensation Management
- HRMN 406 Employee Training and Development
- HRMN 495 Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management Practice
Total credits for certificate in Human Resource Management: 18
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.