Certificate in Informatics
The certificate in informatics provides a foundation in information technology and introduces current issues. Students learn to identify key issues and trends in IT and gain familiarity with basic network operations and functions, as well as the major kinds of application software. The certificate is ideal for professionals from fields other than IT, as well as for IT professionals who desire to refresh their knowledge and skills.
Total Semester Hours: 15
ITEC 610 must be taken in the first semester.
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- ITEC 610 Information Technology Foundations (3) (Must be taken first)
- ITEC 620 Information Technology Infrastructure (3)
- DBST 651 Relational Database Systems (3)
- INFA 610 Foundations of Information Security and Assurance (3)
- IMAT 637 IT Acquisitions Management (3)