Certificate in Teaching and Training at a Distance
The certificate in Teaching and Training at a Distance provides the students with foundations of online teaching and learning in a variety of settings, including higher education, corporate, government and not-for-profit training. It provides knowledge is areas of technology, instructional design, teaching and training methodologies appropriate for distance learning.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Note: This certificate is for students who have a basic knowledge of foundations in distance education and e-learning. If the student does not have this knowledge, we suggest the student take OMDE 601 prior to starting the certificate.
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 - Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- OMDE 610 Teaching and Learning in Online Distance Education (3)
- DETT 607 Instructional Design and Course Development in Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- DETC 620 Training and Learning with Multimedia (3)
- DETT 621 Training at a Distance (3)