Data increasingly drives decisions in business, government, and nonprofits. A data analytics master's degree or certificate from University of Maryland University College can help you earn a seat at the table and lead your organization into the future.
Enter the Growing Data Analytics Field
From data management to predictive analytics, mining to modeling, UMUC's data analytics programs are designed to help you master in-demand business intelligence skills, acquire hands-on experience, advance your career, and open up job opportunities.
Why Study Data Analytics at UMUC
- For your career: With your data analytics education, you'll learn to manage and manipulate big data to produce valuable insights, helping you become an indispensable resource at your company.
- For your future: As the use of data analytics grows across every industry, UMUC's programs are designed to teach you sought-after skills, give you a competitive edge, and open up new career opportunities.
Awards & Recognition
- Distance Education Innovation Award Finalist | Master of Science in Data Analytics | National University Technology Network | 2016
- UPCEA Mid-Atlantic Region Outstanding Program Award | UMUC Master of Science in Data Analytics program | University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Mid-Atlantic Region | 2016
- UPCEA Mid-Atlantic Region Partnership Award | UMUC Master of Science in Data Analytics program | University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Mid-Atlantic Region | 2016
Just as UMUC paved the path for cyber security education, the university is once again at the forefront with launch of the data analytics program. We are partnering with leading employers to develop a cutting-edge curriculum that prepares our students with the skills and knowledge to compete and thrive in this growing field.
Charles Knode, PhD
Professor of Data Analytics
Most companies have traditionally been very application-based. Now it’s all about how you drive revenue and make better decisions based on data. That’s a big culture change, and you really have to be confident in what you’re doing because you’re changing an organization. A degree from UMUC, coupled with my experience, has instilled the confidence to be able to speak authoritatively on the subject.
Michael DeGiule, MS
Information Technology Master's Degree with Database Systems Technology Specialization