Education & Teaching
Online MAT, MDE, MEd and Doctorate
Leave your mark on the world by earning an online master's in teaching or a doctorate in education.
With advances in technology, the classroom is evolving, and the demand for qualified teachers and administrators is growing.
Prepare for a leadership role with a master's or doctorate degree from University of Maryland University College.
Choose a Complementary Bachelor's Degree
Although UMUC doesn't offer a bachelor's degree in education, you can reduce the total coursework for the MAT by up to 12 credits by choosing one of the following undergraduate majors:
Graduate Certificates 3
- Distance Education Leadership
- Distance Education, Globalization, and Development
- Foundations of Distance Education and E-Learning
- Instructional Design for E-Learning
- Instructional Technology Integration
- Library and Intellectual Property in Distance Education and E-Learning
- Policy and Management in Distance Education and E-Learning
- Teacher Education Reading Strand (TED)
- Teaching and Training at a Distance
- Technology in Distance Education and E-Learning4
1 Requires teaching practicum.
2 Available for out-of-state students only. Requires two-day on-site residency once per term.
3 View gainful employment disclosures for certificates.
4 Program offered jointly with UMBC.