Prepare for advancement in contracting, acquisition, supply chain management, or procurement with a graduate certificate in acquisition and supply chain management.
The acquisition and supply chain management graduate certificate at University of Maryland University College is designed for mid-career professionals but also suitable to newcomers. You'll build a foundation in the strategic and operational aspects of the end-to-end supply chain and procurement functions.
Learn best practices to use in your current role and develop new contacts through networking opportunities in our career-focused acquisition and supply chain management graduate certificate.
About the Acquisition and Supply Chain Management Graduate Certificate
The acquisition and supply chain management graduate certificate curriculum features projects sponsored by companies and clients, as well as case studies of real supply chain management issues, so what you learn can be applied immediately in the workplace. We also facilitate networking opportunities between you and employers, and we work with employers to actively recruit our students.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Apply the legal structure for public and private acquisition processes
- Use technology effectively for establishing sustainable supply chains supporting product and service delivery
- Apply knowledge of efficient contract management processes throughout the acquisition life cycle
- Plan, conduct and manage negotiated procurements
- Perform cost analysis preparations and understand all categories of costs, including profit
- Apply strategic purchasing and logistics methodologies
In past projects, students have had the opportunity to
- Serve as a supply chain manager in a simulation, analyzing critical supply chain problems by using a hands-on SCM Globe Simulation tool.
Acquisition and Supply Chain Management Graduate Certificate Requirements
Our curriculum is designed with input from employers, industry experts, and scholars. You'll learn theories combined with real-world applications and practical skills you can apply on the job right away.
- UCSP 615
(to be taken within the first 6 credits of study)
- ASCM 626
- ASCM 627
- ASCM 628
- ASCM 629
- ASCM 630
Apply Your Certificate Credits Toward a Degree
Courses in this certificate can also be applied toward
Student Clubs and Organizations
Business and Management Club
Type: Academic club
Available To: Undergraduate and Graduate
This club allows students to network and discuss their shared interests with one another and their faculty members, enabling them to learn more about the field.
About the Faculty
Our world-class faculty members combine academic credentials with a wealth of experience in the field.
Faculty members in this program hold or have recently held positions including
- Chief procurement officer
- Contracting manager
- Course developer
- Logistics manager
- Procurement manager
- Procurement specialist
- Senior consultant
- Senior contracting administrator
Our faculty work or have worked at organizations including
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Defense Acquisition University
- Los Angeles Transportation Authority
- National Security Administration
- Small Business Administration
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Postal Service