University of Maryland University College can help you prepare for a career in healthcare, environmental management, or biotechnology.
Prepare to Advance in Healthcare or Laboratory Sciences
Find the Right Program for You
With our Program Comparison Tool, you can evaluate as many as three degrees, specializations, and certificates side by side. Explore program descriptions, cost, transfer credit, program formats, course content, and more.
Why Study Healthcare or Science at UMUC
- Pursue an in-demand healthcare degree: If you want to help others, consider one of UMUC's programs in fast-growing healthcare fields like nursing or healthcare administration.
- Go green with environmental management: UMUC's curriculum offers an interdisciplinary approach to environmental management that includes management of air, land, and water; pollution control; policies and regulations; and environmental health and safety.
- Complete your science degree online: Prepare for a career in pharmaceutical, agricultural, or biomedical research. UMUC's biotechnology and lab management programs are designed for transfer students who already hold an associate's degree in science.
- Study in an accredited program: UMUC's Master of Science in Health Informatics Administration is accredited by the Commission for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). CAHIIM is an independent organization that accredits health informatics and health information management degree programs.
Healthcare & Science Quick Facts
- Best Value College | Master of Science in Health Care Administration Program | College Values Online | 2016
- Best Online Master's in Health Informatics Degrees, 2016 | College Choice | 2016
- 20 Best Online Bachelor in Healthcare Management Degree Programs | TheBestSchools.org | 2013
- Outstanding Online Program | Online Learning Consortium | 2013
- Outstanding Continuing Education Student Award | Michael Dayton, Master of Science in Biotechnology student | University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Mid-Atlantic Region | 2012
I had been applying for positions as a clinical site specialist on and off for two years without success or even many callbacks. But I got a new job as a clinical site specialist just two months after receiving my degree.
Biotechnology Bachelor's Degree