This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Biotechnology Management
The certificate in Biotechnology Management is designed to provide the student with a solid foundation in the technical, business, and ethical issues facing the industry today.
Total Semester Hours: 15
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) Must complete with first 6 credits of study.
- BIOT 640 Societal Issues in Biotechnology (3)
- BIOT 630 Introduction to Bioinformatics (3)
- BIOT 643 Techniques of Biotechnology (3)
- BTMN 636 Biotechnology and the Regulatory Environment (3)
- BTMN 632 Commercializing Biotechnology in Early-Stage Ventures (3)