This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Database Systems Technology
The certificate in database system technology focuses on the design, development, and management of database technologies—a core component of most businesses. Focus is on relational databases, with opportunities to study distributed databases, data warehousing, data mining, database administration, and database security. Most coursework includes laboratory experiences.
Total Semester Hours: 15
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- DBST 651 Relational Database Systems (3)
- DBST 652 Advanced Relational/Object-Relational Database Systems (3)
- DBST 663 Distributed Database Management Systems (3)
- DBST 665 Data Warehouse Technologies (3)
- DBST 670 Database System Administration (3)