This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Foundations of Distance Education and E-learning
The certificate in foundations of distance education and e-learning is intended to represent the study of the four basic foundational aspects of the field of distance education: history and theory, media and technology, economics, and support of the student.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- OMDE 601 Foundations of Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- OMDE 603 Technology in Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- OMDE 606 Costs and Economics of Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- OMDE 608 Learner Support in Distance Education and Training (3)