This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Distance Education Leadership
The certificate in distance education leadership focuses on aspects related to management of distance education. It provides a basic foundation in terms of theory and history of distance education, as well as the use of technology in distance education. The fundamentals of online teaching and distance education leadership and management are also included.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- OMDE 601 Foundations of Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- OMDE 603 Technology in Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- OMDE 610 Teaching and Learning in Online Distance Education (3)
- DEPM 604 Leadership and Management in Distance Education and E-learning (3)