This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Emergency Management
The certificate in Emergency Management provides emergency management professionals an essential understanding of the entire vision, mission, and principles of emergency management. The program emphasizes leadership, technology fluency, and cross-agency collaboration and may help students qualify for entry to mid-level emergency management positions in public, private or nonprofit organizations.
Total Semester Hours: 18
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- EMAN 600 Comprehensive Crisis and Emergency Management (3)
- EMAN 610 Hazard Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (3)
- EMAN 620 Information Technology in Emergency Management (3)
- HSMN 610 Concepts in Homeland Security (3)
- HSMN 630 Resilience Planning and Preparedness for Disaster Response and Recovery (3)
- EMAN 630 Crisis Communication for Emergency Managers (3)