This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Financial Management in Organizations
The certificate in Financial Management in Organizations is intended for people seeking to exercise managerial responsibilities over the financial functions of their organizations. It is also helpful to general managers who wish to strengthen their knowledge of and skills in the financial management of their organizations.
Total Semester Hours: 15
Students must take the following courses in the order indicated:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- MGMT 640 Financial Decision Making for Managers (3)
- FIN 610 Financial Management in Organizations (3)
- FIN 620 Capital Markets, Institutions, and Long-Term Financing (3)
- FIN 630 Investment Valuation (3)
- FIN 615 Financial Analysis and Modeling (3)
MGMT 640 is a prerequisite to FIN 610. FIN 610 is prerequisite to all other courses in financial management. Students without recent coursework in accounting or economics are strongly advised to complete "UCSP 620 Financial Accounting" before enrolling in