Certificate in Financial Management
This program is no longer accepting new applications.
As part of its ongoing curriculum review and refresh to better serve its students, UMUC has eliminated some of its undergraduate certificate programs. Current students have been contacted to ensure timely completion of the program or to discuss alternative programs of interest.
If you are enrolled in this program, please use the curriculum requirements below to track your success as you complete your certificate. Contact your academic advisor if you have any questions.
Also available online
The financial management certificate is designed to meet the needs of new financial managers, other managers who feel they require greater knowledge of finance to advance in their professions, individuals interested in pursuing new careers in financial management, and financial management professionals who want to upgrade their skills. With appropriate choice of courses, this certificate may be completed while pursuing the Bachelor of Science in finance.
Note: Courses may be applied to only one certificate; some prerequisites may need to be fulfilled before beginning certificate courses.
A finance course chosen from the following: 3
Four required courses:
- FINC 340 Investments (3)
- FINC 351 Risk Management (3)
- FINC 430 Financial Management (3)
- FINC 460 International Finance (3)
A supporting elective chosen from the following: 3
- ACCT 301 Accounting for Nonaccounting Managers
- ECON 430 Money and Banking
- FINC 321 Personal Financial Management
- FINC 352 Life and Health Insurance
- FINC 440 Security Analysis and Valuation
- FINC 441 Financial Derivatives and Portfolio Risk Management
- FINC 450 Commercial Bank Management
Total credits for certificate in Financial Management: 18
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.