Master of International Management: International Enterprise Management
As of spring 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this specialization/program. Current students should contact their graduate advisors to go over their plans for completing the program requirements.
The international enterprise management specialization prepares managers to plan and execute strategies in a global environment, as well as to identify and take advantage of global business opportunities. The specialization covers international trade and economic policy, strategic investment and partnering, issues and practices in human resource management, financial management in organizations, multinational financial management, information systems for managers, and international marketing management.
The Master of International Management degree program offers three specializations, each covering subject areas relevant to today's career fields. Each specialization prepares students for one of several possible career paths, depending on the student's background and employer criteria.
Graduates of the International Enterprise Management specialization may qualify for these positions:
- Senior-level manager in a multinational enterprise
- International business generalist
- International business consultant
- Director of international business unit
- Senior policy analyst for multinational enterprise
Students who wish to improve their graduate writing skills may take COMM 600, Academic Writing for Graduate Students (3).
Core Required Courses
UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0), to be taken within the first 6 credits of study
- IMAN 601 Strategic Management in a Global Environment (3)
- MGMT 615 Intercultural Communication and Leadership (3)
- MGMT 640 Financial Decision Making for Managers (3)
- IMAN 635 Managing Country Risk (3)
IMAN 670 Managing Overseas Operations (3)
Note: IMAN 670 is typically offered only in the fall and spring semesters.
- IMAN 601 must be completed during the first semester of enrollment.
- Students must complete 30 credits, including all core courses, before enrolling in IMAN 670.
- MGMT 640 is prerequisite to FIN 610.
International Enterprise Management Specialization Required Courses
- IMAN 615 Strategic Investment and Partnering (3)
- IMAN 625 International Trade and Economic Policy (3)
- HRMD 610 Issues and Practices in Human Resource Management (3)
- FIN 610 Financial Management in Organizations (3)
- FIN 640 Multinational Financial Management (3)
- ISAS 600 Information Systems for Managers (3)
- MRKT 605 International Marketing Management (3)
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.