Master of International Management: International Financial Management
As of spring 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this specialization/program. Current students should contact their graduate advisors to go over their plans for completing the program requirements.
The international financial management specialization prepares managers to deal with an organization's financial operations in a global context. The specialization covers international trade and economic policy; strategic investment and partnering; financial management in organizations; capital markets, institutions, and long-term financing; investment valuation; strategic financial management; and multinational financial management. The program emphasizes development of management skills and the use of financial analysis in decision making and performance management in global organizations.
The Master of International Management degree program offers three specializations, each covering subject areas relevant to today's career fields. Each specialization prepares students for one of several possible career paths, depending on the student's background and employer criteria.
Graduates of the International Financial Management specialization may qualify for these positions:
- Controller or treasurer for an international company/organization
- International financial manager
- Capital investment analyst
- Financial liaison with international business units
- Credit or cash manager
- International financial consultant or advisor
- International financial, budget, or management analyst
Core Required Courses
UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0), to be taken within the first 6 credits of study
- IMAN 601 Strategic Management in a Global Environment (3)
- MGMT 615 Intercultural Communication and Leadership (3)
- MGMT 640 Financial Decision Making for Managers (3)
- IMAN 635 Managing Country Risk (3)
IMAN 670 Managing Overseas Operations (3)
- IMAN 601 must be completed during the first semester of enrollment.
- Students must complete 30 credits, including other core courses, before enrolling in IMAN 670.
International Financial Management Specialization Required Courses
- IMAN 615 Strategic Investment and Partnering (3)
- IMAN 625 International Trade and Economic Policy (3)
- FIN 610 Financial Management in Organizations (3)
- FIN 620 Long-term Financial Management (3)
- FIN 630 Investment Valuation (3)
- FIN 640 Multinational Financial Management (3)
- FIN 660 Financial Management in Organizations (3)
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.