This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Foundations of Information Technology
The certificate in foundations of information technology provides a general technical understanding of current and emerging technologies in the field. Students gain familiarity with project and systems engineering concepts and a solid foundation in the economics of information technology (IT). The certificate is ideal for professionals in fields other than IT who need to extend their expertise into the IT environment, as well as for IT professionals who wish to expand their theoretical knowledge.
Total Semester Hours: 15
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- ITEC 610 Information Technology Foundations (3)
- ITEC 620 Information Technology Infrastructure (3)
- ITEC 630 Information Systems Analysis, Modeling, and Design (3)
- ITEC 640 Information Technology Project Management (3)
- TMAN 625 Economics and Financial Analysis for Technology Managers (3)