NOTE: As of Spring 2010, no new applications will be accepted for this specialization. Current students should review the EBUS course phase-out plan, complete a study plan, and then contact their graduate advisor to go over their plan for completing the program requirements.
E-Business (EBUS) Specialization
The E-Business (EBUS) specialization provides courses on how managers can design and operate web sites and generally conduct e-commerce and e-business effectively. The specialization is structured to accommodate the needs of students who are specialists in information technology as well as those with little or no experience with computers. In addition to receiving a solid technology foundation, students are exposed to the relevant business aspects such as strategic planning, marketing planning, security planning, financial and economic aspects of e-business, and social, legal, and regulatory issues.
The Master of Science program in Information Technology serves careers at the entry, mid-, or upper-level positions, depending upon the prior level of experience of the candidate.
- Web Site Designer
- E- Marketing Specialist
- E-Security Expert
- Web Site Operator
- E-Government Specialist
Students who wish to improve their graduate writing skills may take COMM 600, Academic Writing for Graduate Students (3).
Core Required Courses
UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0), to be taken within the first 6 credits of study
- ITEC 610 Information Technology Foundations (3)
- ITEC 620 Information Technology Infrastructure (3)
- ITEC 630 Information Systems Analysis, Modeling, and Design (3)
- ITEC 640 Information Technology Project Management (3)
- TMAN 625 Economics and Financial Analysis for Technology Managers (3)
- ITEC 610 must be taken as one of the first two courses.
E-Business (EBUS) Specialization Required Courses
- EBUS 610 Introduction to E-Business (3)
- EBUS 620 E-Marketing (3)
- EBUS 630 Social, Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues (3)
- EBUS 640 E-Technology (3)
- EBUS 650 E-Development and Management (3)
- EBUS 660 E-Business Economics (3)
EBUS 670 E-Business Capstone (3)
Courses must be taken in the order listed above.