This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Library and Intellectual Property in Distance Education and E-learning
The certificate in Library and Intellectual Property in Distance Education and E-learning will offer a solid foundation in distance education, distance education technology and the development and delivery of digital resources for distance education. Students will cover intellectual property issues affecting the use of copyrighted works in distance education, developing and delivering library resources online to a faculty and student population, and the future of digital information delivery and the impact of digital rights management (DRM) technologies and social networking.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- OMDE 601 Foundations of Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- OMDE 603 Technology in Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- DETT 611 Library and Intellectual Property Issues in Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- OMDE 610 Teaching and Learning in Online Distance Education (3)