This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Nonprofit and Association Financial Management
The certificate in Nonprofit and Association Financial Management provides nonprofit managers and professionals with the fundamentals of financial management.
The certificate also provides a framework for financial management within the context of overall nonprofit strategic management.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- MGMT 640 Financial Decision Making for Managers (3)
- FIN 610 Financial Management in Organizations (3) (formerly ADMN 631)
- NPMN 620 Nonprofit and Association Financial Management (3)
- NPMN 660 Strategic Management in Nonprofit Organizations and Associations (3)
Note: MGMT 640 is a prerequisite to FIN 610
Students without recent coursework in accounting or economics are strongly advised to complete "UCSP 620 Financial Accounting" before enrolling in MGMT 640 (formerly ADMN 630). MGMT 640 is prerequisite for FIN 610.