Certificate in Object-Oriented Design and Programming
This program is no longer accepting new applications.
As part of its ongoing curriculum review and refresh to better serve its students, UMUC has eliminated some of its undergraduate certificate programs. Current students have been contacted to ensure timely completion of the program or to discuss alternative programs of interest.
If you are enrolled in this program, please use the curriculum requirements below to track your success as you complete your certificate. Contact your academic advisor if you have any questions.
Also available online
The certificate in object-oriented design and programming is appropriate for technical professionals who will be working as programmer/analysts or application developers. Students are taught introductory and advanced features of object-oriented languages, as well as program design concepts. Students should check course descriptions to ensure that they have taken all prerequisites for each course. With appropriate choice of major and elective courses, this certificate may be completed while pursuing the Bachelor of Science in computer and information science.
Note: Courses may be applied to only one certificate; some prerequisites may need to be fulfilled before beginning certificate courses.
An introductory programming course chosen from the following: 3
- CMIS 141 Introductory Programming
- CMIS 115 Programming in Objective-C for the Mac
- CMIS 125 Programming in C#
An intermediate programming course chosen from the following: 3
- CMIS 242 Intermediate Programming
- CMIS 215 Programming for the iPhone or iPad
- CMIS 225 Developing Windows Presentation Foundation Applications Using C#
One required course:
- CMIS 330 Software Engineering Principles and Techniques (3)
A supporting elective chosen from the following: 3
- CMIS 440 Advanced Programming in Java
- CMIS 455 Requirements Development
- CMIS 460 Software Design and Development
- CMIS 465 Software Verification and Development
A second supporting elective chosen from the above list: 3
A third supporting elective chosen from the above list: 3
Total credits for certificate in Object-Oriented Design and Programming: 18
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.