One-Year Master of Business Administration
NOTE: As of Fall 2014, no new applications will be accepted for this specialization/program. Current students should contact their graduate advisor to go over their plan for completing the program requirements.
Students who complete the program should be able to:
- Make efficient management decisions that exhibit high ethical standards in a globally and culturally diverse environment.
- Use oral and written communication skills to express ideas well with all organizational stakeholders using a variety of tools, including synchronous and asynchronous technologies.
- Develop comprehensive solutions to business problems by synthesizing and evaluating information using qualitative and quantitative analytical reasoning.
- Direct the effective use of technology in an organization to achieve superior performance and operational effectiveness.
- Apply proven management theories and practices to resolve a wide range of organizational issues.
- Business/organizational consultant
- Finance manager
- Marketing specialist
- Corporate planner
- Mid-level corporate manager
The One-Year MBA program is designed for working professionals with strong academic and professional abilities, such as those with existing graduate degrees.
Admission to this program is competitive and is granted to students who meet one of the following criteria:
- Possess a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university
- Possess an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university or college and certain professional certifications
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above from a regionally accredited university and a GMAT score in the 75th percentile or higher
Students who do not meet any of the above criteria may be admitted to the program at the university's discretion after submitting evidence of having met all the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- A minimum of five years of professional experience managing projects and/or people in an organization (subject to verification)
- One professional recommendation
- A résumé and a biographical statement detailing how the prospective student's professional experience demonstrates the ability to succeed in a fast-paced MBA program
- An in-person or teleconference interview
One-Year MBA students may pursue a dual degree by completing an additional eighteen credits in another graduate program. The One-Year MBA must be completed first.
For a complete list of dual degree options, please see MBA dual degree options.