This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Policy and Management of Distance Education and E-learning
The certificate in policy and management of distance education and e-learning focuses on all aspects related to the management and policy definition within the distance education enterprise. It includes a systemic view of distance education, fundamentals of the economics of distance education, the diverse facets of business in distance education, quality assurance and control, and leadership in distance education.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- OMDE 601 Foundations of Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- OMDE 606 Costs and Economics of Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- DEPM 622 The Business of Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- DEPM 604 Leadership in Distance Education and E-learning (3)