This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Public Relations
The certificate in Public Relations provides students with solid grounding in public relations theory, legal and ethical issues confronted by practitioners, and the analytic and creative skills necessary to excel in the profession. Each of the courses addresses the impact of the explosion of Internet-enabled, networked communications that is forcing change in the manner in which corporations communicate with their varied publics.
Total Semester Hours: 15
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- PRPA 600 Public Relations Writing (3)
- MRKT 600 Marketing Management (formerly ADMN 686) (3)
- PRPA 601 Public Relations Theory and Practice (3)
- PRPA 602 Public Relations Techniques (3
- PRPA 610 Crisis Communication Management (3)
Note: PRPA 600 must be taken as the first course, it is a prerequisite for all subsequent PRPA courses
- PRPA 600 must be taken before PRPA 601
- PRPA 600, MRKT 600, and PRPA 601 must be taken before PRPA 602
- PRPA 600, MRKT 600, PRPA 601, and PRPA 602 must be taken before PRPA 610