This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Teaching and Training at a Distance
The certificate in Teaching and Training at a Distance provides the students with foundations of online teaching and learning in a variety of settings, including higher education, corporate, government and not-for-profit training. It provides knowledge is areas of technology, instructional design, teaching and training methodologies appropriate for distance learning.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Note: This certificate is for students who have a basic knowledge of foundations in distance education and e-learning. If the student does not have this knowledge, we suggest the student take OMDE 601 prior to starting the certificate.
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- OMDE 610 Teaching and Learning in Online Distance Education (3)
- DETT 607 Instructional Design and Course Development in Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- DETC 620 Training and Learning with Multimedia (3)
- DETT 621 Online Learning and Development in the Workplace (3)