This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Technology in Distance Education and E-learning
The certificate in technology in distance education is intended to place the study of contemporary educational technologies in the context of the goals of educational and training organizations. It provides students with in-depth knowledge and experience with the primary distance technologies in use today.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 - Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- OMDE 601 Foundations of Distance Education and E-Learning (3)
- OMDE 603 Technology in Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- DETC 630 Emerging Technology Trends and Issues in Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- DETC 620 Training and Learning with Multimedia (3)