This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Telecommunications Management
The certificate in telecommunications management is designed to provide the technical knowledge and management skills needed to plan, acquire, operate, and evaluate telecommunication systems. It emphasizes critical management concepts, such as the structure and environment of the telecommunications industry, strategic planning, financial management, and quality improvement.
Total Semester Hours: 15
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- ITEC 626 Information Systems Infrastructure (3)
- TLMN 602 Telecommunications Industry: Structure and Environment (3)
- TLMN 641 Network Management and Design (3)
- TLMN 645 Wireless Telecommunications Systems (3)
- TLMN 623 Telecommunications Networks (3)