Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Describe the institutions and processes that impact upon development of environmental and energy laws and policy issues
- Analyze, monitor, and mitigate impacts from an organization's operations
- Analyze and communicate health, safety, and environmental risks
- Manage, plan, and conduct comprehensive environmental compliance, managerial, and liability audits for various industrial and commercial facilities
- Develop a team and manage an environmental project/program for an organization or government agency
The professional career path for students completing the Environmental Management Program will be in the direction of assuming high level management responsibilities for projects and programs. The following titles for these manager types include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental Program/Project Specialist
- Environmental Program/ Project Manager
- Industrial Compliance Manager
- Environmental Auditor
- Health and Safety Manager
These positions exist in federal and state governmental agencies, private sector, industry, consulting firms, and not-for-profit firms.
Students in the program tend to have several years of professional experience in the environmental field. They work in diverse organizations such as the federal and state governments, industry, businesses, non-for profits, and the military.
Enhance your credentials! Graduates of this program can elect to pursue a dual degree in the following area:
MS in Environmental Management / Master of Business Administration
Students must complete all requirements for the first degree before beginning the second degree. This dual degree is one-directional. The MBA must be earned second. Degree requirements for both programs must be completed within seven years.
UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0), to be taken within the first 6 credits of study.