Master of Science in Environmental Management
The need to preserve our environment has become a priority. Get the skills you need to identify options for effectively managing land and water resources for the benefit of all society. Your comprehensive knowledge of pollution prevention, waste management, development of environmental management systems will make you a sought-after leader in the rapidly growing field.
The Master of Science in Environmental Management is designed to provide the skills, knowledge, and competencies that students need to function effectively in multiple environmental management settings. The courses are interrelated and provide a solid conceptual and applied foundation in environmental management.
The degree program requires 36 credits and consists of twelve courses.
Dual Degree Options
With just a few additional courses, you can also pursue a second degree in business administration. Explore dual degree options.
- Students who wish to improve their graduate writing skills may take COMM 600, Academic Writing for Graduate Students (3).
- Students should have a minimum of one undergraduate course each in chemistry and biology from an accredited university or college.
UCSP 615* Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0), to be taken within the first 6 credits of study.
- ENVM 648 Fundamentals of Environmental Systems (3)
- ENVM 641 Environmental Auditing (3)
- ENVM 643 Environmental Communications and Reporting (3)
- ENVM 646 Environmental/Energy Law and Policy Development (3)
- ENVM 647 Environmental Risk Assessment (3)
- ENVM 649 Principles of Waste Management and Pollution Control (3)
- ENVM 644 New Technologies in Environmental Management (3)
- ENVM 650 Environmental and Natural Resources Economics (3)
- ENVM 651 Watershed Planning Management (3)
- ENVM 652 Principles of Air Quality Management (3)
- ENVM 653 Land Use Management (3)
ENVM 670 Seminar in Environmental Management (3)
* The UCSP 615 requirement may be waived if you previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. For more information, contact your academic advisor.
Affordable State Tuition Rates
Professional Science Master's Recognized in Washington Post
UMUC's Professional Science Master's degrees were recognized by the Washington Post for helping students pair scientific know-how with business savvy. Read the article to learn about how UMUC's capstone projects help our students stand out in the job market.
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.