Master of Science in Health Care Administration
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Solve health care industry management challenges
- Produce effective health care industry outcomes
- Effect ethical decision making for managers in health care settings
Successful completion of the MS in health care administration degree should assist graduates who have relevant professional work experience in the health care industry to attain mid level management positions in a variety of health care settings.
Depending on a student's background and an employer's criteria, graduates of the MSHCA program may qualify for the following positions:
- Health Services Manager
- Health Services Project Administrator
- Managed Care Manager
The MS in health care administration is designed for students with educational and/or professional work experience in the health care field. Students who do not have an undergraduate degree in health care administration or a health care–related degree or who do not have professional health care industry work experience should choose the MS in management with the health care administration specialization.
Enhance your credentials! Graduates of the MSHCA can elect to pursue a dual degree in the following area:
Master of Science in Health Care Administration / Master of Business Administration
Students must complete all requirements for the first degree before beginning the second degree. This dual degree is one-directional. The MBA must be earned second. Degree requirements for both programs must be completed within seven years.
UCSP 615* Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0), to be taken within the first 6 credits of study.
* The UCSP 615 requirement may be waived if you previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. For more information, contact your academic advisor.