Master of International Management: International Marketing Management
The international marketing management specialization creates a solid foundation for marketing management with a particular focus on marketing in a global environment. It is designed for managers in the public, private, or nonprofit sectors who need to market their organizations' products and services to consumers or other businesses domestically and internationally. The specialization focuses on the knowledge and skills that managers need in order to attract customers. Coursework covers defining the scope of 21st century marketing, developing and executing effective marketing strategies, adapting to rapidly changing technologies, building customer satisfaction and retention, and facilitating communications successfully (from the international organization to the customer as well as from the international customer to the organization).
The Master of International Management degree program offers three specializations, each covering subject areas relevant to today's career fields. Each specialization prepares students for one of several possible career paths, depending on the student's background and employer criteria.
Graduates of the International Marketing Management specialization may qualify for these positions:
- International marketing manager (business-to-business or business-to-consumer)
- Internet marketing manager
- Direct marketing manager
- International product/brand manager
- International manufacturer's representative
- International account executive (business or consumer products)
- International market research analyst
- International promotions manager
Students who wish to improve their graduate writing skills may take COMM 600, Academic Writing for Graduate Students (3).
Core Required Courses
UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0), to be taken within the first 6 credits of study
- IMAN 601 Strategic Management in a Global Environment (3)
- MGMT 615 Intercultural Communication and Leadership (3)
- MGMT 640 Financial Decision Making for Managers (3)
- IMAN 635 Managing Country Risk (3)
IMAN 670 Managing Overseas Operations (3)
- IMAN 601 must be completed during the first semester of enrollment.
- Students must complete 30 credits, including other core courses, before enrolling in IMAN 670.
International Marketing Management Specialization Required Courses
- IMAN 615 Strategic Investment and Partnering (3)
- IMAN 625 International Trade and Economic Policy (3)
- MRKT 605 International Marketing Management (3)
- MRKT 601 Legal and Ethical Issues in Global Communications (3)
- MRKT 602 Consumer Behavior (3)
- MGMT 650 Statistics for Managerial Decision Making (3)
- MRKT 604 Marketing Intelligence and Research Systems (3)