Gain a competitive advantage in the IT marketplace and develop specialized skills in high-tech management with a master's degree in information technology.
In University of Maryland University College's comprehensive, online graduate information technology program, you'll combine technical know-how with business savvy to gain a powerful IT skill set and maximum career flexibility. Whether you are new to the field, changing careers, or looking to move up, look no further for a graduate information technology program that can boost your professional value.
We designed our master's degree program in information technology with input from today's top employers to help you prepare for career advancement. Choose from specializations to tailor your education, prepare for certification, and develop highly marketable skills.
These program requirements are for students who enroll in the 2016–2017 academic year. For prior year academic requirements, visit the catalog archive in the Current Students section.
Program Admission Requirements
For some specializations, you must have a background in mathematics, computer studies, or specialized work experience.
Student Clubs and Organizations
Type: Academic club
Available To: Undergraduate and Graduate
The Computing Club allows its student members to share experiences and offer each other guidance on academic major and career options. Club events provide opportunities for professional socialization and networking, and members are privy to club resources that will help them further their education and careers.
Quality Assurance Recognition
This program has received a special designation as a Professional Science Master's Degree by the Council of Graduate Schools.
About the Faculty
Our world-class faculty members combine academic credentials with a wealth of experience in the field.
Faculty members in this program hold or have recently held positions including
- Chief technology officer
- Chief security and privacy officer
- Information and data architect
- Senior fellow
- Senior technical adviser
- Systems analyst
Our faculty work or have worked at organizations including
- Advanced Mobility Academic Research Center
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Catapult Technology Ltd.
- Cybersecurity Research and Solutions Corporation
- Federal Aviation Administration
- General Dynamics
- ICF International
- Internal Revenue Service
- The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- Lockheed Martin
- National Institutes of Health
- National Security Agency
- Northrop Grumman
- Pepco Holdings Inc.
- Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board
- Science Applications International Corporation
- Software Engineering Institute
- U.S. Army Cyber Command
- U.S. Army Research Laboratory
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Navy
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- U.S. Postal Service
- U.S. Social Security Administration
- U.S. State Department