Master of Science in Management:
Joint Military Strategy
Joint Military Strategy Specialization with Transfer Credits from Joint Forces Staff College
If you have graduated from the Joint Forces Staff College, you may be eligible to transfer 9 graduate credits toward a Master of Science in Management with a specialization in Joint Military Strategy at University of Maryland University College.
To participate in this partnership program, you must have completed JFSC. All coursework for the degree, including courses taken at JFSC, must be completed within a five-year window. You must submit official transcripts from JFSC for review, along with the transfer credit evaluation request form to see if you meet the eligibility requirements.
After completing certain master's degrees, you can earn your Master of Business Administration by completing just three additional courses.
Core Required Courses
UCSP 615* Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- MGMT 630 Organizational Theory and Behavior (6)
- MGMT 640 Financial Decision Making for Managers (3)
- MGMT 650 Statistics for Managerial Decision Making (3)
MGMT 670 Strategic Management Capstone (3)
Clustered Course Option
- MGMT 630 (or MGMT 610) must be taken within the first 6 credits of the MS in Management program.
- Students must complete 24 credits, including other core requirements, before enrolling in MGMT 670.
- Students should not enroll in MGMT 640 and MGMT 650 in the same semester.
Joint Military Strategy Specialization Required Courses
This coursework comes from the completion of JFSC and will be added to your UMUC transcript once a review and approval for eligibility has been completed.
Additional Course Requirements
Choose four of the following classes to take prior to MGMT 670:
Nonprofit and Association Management
- NPMN 600 Nonprofit and Association Organizations and Issues (3)
- NPMN 660 Strategic Management in Nonprofit Organizations and Associations (3)
Human Resources Management
- HRMD 610 Issues and Practices in Human Resource Management (3)
- HRMD 650 Organizational Development and Change (3)
* The UCSP 615 requirement may be waived if you previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. For more information, contact your academic advisor.
General Program Questions
MS in Management
MS in Management: Military Specializations
- Air and Space Strategic Studies: Air War College
- Army Operations and National Security Specialization: Army Command and General Staff College
- Joint Military Strategy: Joint Forces Staff College
- Marine Corps Operations: Marine Corps Command and Staff College Distance Education Program
- Naval Operations and National Security: Naval War College
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.