MBA Supplemental Information
This program is being taught in a new format starting this fall. If you are interested in starting your program in fall 2016 or later and you are not a dual degree student, make sure you follow these program requirements. Dual degree students will follow the program requirements below and on the main program page. If you need help selecting an academic program, please contact an advisor at 800-888-UMUC (8682).
Students who complete the program should be able to:
- Make effective management decisions that exhibit high ethical standards in a global and culturally diverse environment
- Use oral and written communication skills to express ideas effectively and persuasively with all organizational stakeholders using a variety of tools including synchronous and asynchronous technologies.
- Develop comprehensive solutions to business problems by synthesizing and evaluating information using qualitative and quantitative analytical reasoning.
- Manage the effective use of technology in an organization to achieve superior performance and operational effectiveness.
- Apply proven management theories and practices to resolve a wide range of organizational issues
UMUC has established academic partnerships with universities in Canada, Mexico and China. Some of these partnerships involve MBA students participating with students from these universities in company-sponsored projects that are arranged through a series of business relationships in these countries.
- Mid- to upper-level corporate manager
- Mid- to upper-level manager in government or non-profit organizations
- Business/organizational consultant
- Corporate planner
- Business owner/entrepreneur
The MBA program is designed for working, mid-career professionals from a wide range of academic and organizational backgrounds.
With just a few additional courses, you can enhance the power of your Master of Science or MDE degree with an MBA. You must complete all requirements for the first degree before beginning the second degree. These dual degrees are one-directional. The MBA must be earned second. Degree requirements for both programs must be completed within seven years.
After earning any of the following degrees, you can earn your MBA with just 18 additional credits:
- MS in Biotechnology
- MS in Cybersecurity
- MS in Cybersecurity Policy
- MS in Data Analytics
- MS in Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation
- MS in Environmental Management
- MS in Financial Management and Information Systems
- MS in Health Care Administration
- MS in Information Technology
- MS in Management
- Master of Distance Education and E-Learning
Courses required to earn the MBA as a dual degree: