Master of Science in Technology Management: Information Systems and Services
Virtual Information Session
Learn about career opportunities that may be available with an MS in Information Technology, MS in Management: Information Systems and Services, or MS in Technology Management: Information Systems and Services. Join UMUC's Department of Information and Technology Systems for one of our free information session:
Information Systems and Services Specialization
The Information Systems and Services (ISAS) specialization provides courses on the ways a manager can procure and use computer-based information systems to enhance decision making and organizational effectiveness. This specialization is structured to accommodate the needs of students who have little or no experience with computers as well as those with advanced computer skills. In addition to receiving a technological foundation, students are exposed to the interaction of technology, organizational behavior, strategic planning, project management, and systems analysis used to support an organization through its information systems.
The Master of Science program in technology management serves a number of careers at the entry-, mid-, or high-level position, depending on the prior level of experience of the candidate.
Graduates of the Information Systems and Services specialization, depending on their background can find positions such as:
- Systems or Business Analyst
- Systems Development Manager
- IS Project or Program Manager
- IS Consultant, Chief Information Officer
- IS-aware General Manager
Students who wish to improve their graduate writing skills may take COMM 600, Academic Writing for Graduate Students (3).
Core Required Courses
UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0), to be taken within the first 6 credits of study
- TMAN 611 Principles of Technology Management (3)
- TMAN 614 Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation (3)
- TMAN 632 Organizational Performance Management (3)
- TMAN 633 Managing People in Technology-Based Organizations (3)
- TMAN 625 Economics and Financial Analysis for Technology Managers (3)
Clustered Course Options
Information Systems and Services (ISAS) Specialization Required Courses
- ISAS 600 Information Systems for Managers (3)
- ISAS 610 Information Systems Management and Integration (3)
- ISAS 620 Information Systems Sourcing Management (3)
- ISAS 630 Systems Analysis and Design (3)
- ISAS 640 Decision Support Systems and Expert Systems (3)
- ISAS 650 Information Technology, the CIO, and Organizational Transformation (3)
- IMAT 639 Internet Multimedia Applications (3)
ISAS 600 is a prerequisite to all other courses in this specialization.
Note: Some course titles and numbers were revised beginning with the fall 2007 semester. If you began your program prior to fall 2007 and have chosen to follow the pre-fall 2007 curriculum, please refer to the pre-fall 2007 Study Plan to determine your degree requirements.