Nationally Recognized as Military Friendly
Some people only see a camp. We see a campus.
On U.S. soil and abroad, on large bases and installations, University of Maryland University College has steadfastly served the U.S. armed forces since 1947. No one can match our experience and dedication in educating active-duty troops, reservists, and members of the National Guard.
We understand the demands of your job. That's why we offer flexible academic programs and tailored support. We make starting school and earning your degree as streamlined and frustration-free as possible, which starts with our reduced military tuition rate. And a UMUC degree can help you get ahead during your military service or find a rewarding career after separation.
5 Reasons to Choose UMUC
- Military-friendly college: Today, we enroll more than 50,000 military personnel, spouses, and veterans. Our specially trained military and veterans advisors can help you understand your benefits, take advantage of our low military tuition rate, and start earning your degree.
- Global footprint: With more than 140 worldwide locations, advisors on bases throughout the U.S., and more than a dozen on-site classroom locations in the Washington, D.C., area, UMUC is a leading provider of education services to the U.S. armed forces.
- Flexible learning formats: We offer more than 90 career-relevant academic programs entirely online, plus on-site courses overseas, and hybrid and on-site courses in the D.C. area.
- Regional accreditation: As a regionally accredited university, UMUC adheres to standards set by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, one of six regional accreditation agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- University System of Maryland membership: UMUC is the largest public university in the country, and we're a proud member of the University System of Maryland, which includes 12 institutions and two regional higher education centers.
"I wanted college to be flexible. UMUC gave me that. Also, my experiences talking with advisors from other colleges were OK, but any time I talk with UMUC advisors, they're always there for me. I've e-mailed an advisor at 5 a.m., but it didn't matter. I got a response in an hour. When you're busy, people who are helpful can make a big difference."