Originator: Chief Financial Officer and Vice President for Administration
Subject: UMUC Policy on Smoking
This Policy applies to all UMUC locations that are either owned or controlled by UMUC and to all students, faculty, staff, and visitors (collectively referred to as "UMUC Community").
Smoking is prohibited in the following areas:
- All indoor locations. This includes the stairwells of the ICC parking garage.
- Outside of buildings within 25 feet of any building entrance, air intake duct, or window.
- Other areas designated by no-smoking signs.
- Compliance with Policy
- All members of the UMUC Community are expected to adhere to this Policy. If a member of the UMUC Community violates this Policy, he/she may be subject to administrative and/or disciplinary action in accordance with UMUC policy and practice.
- Smoking will be monitored by UMUC's Security Office and members of the UMUC Community are expected to notify Security if anyone is smoking in violation of this Policy.
|Current Policy||Prior Policy|