Subject: UMUC Policy on Signature Authority
This Policy applies to all procurement and other purchasing documents which may or will result in a contractual relationship between UMUC and another party. This Policy does not apply to human resources/employment contracts and associated agreements or third party agreements covered by UMUC Policy 366.00—Policy on Third Party Agreements.
- Approval/Signature Authority
- Purchase Requisitions that are used to purchase goods and/or services require the following:
- The UMUC PeopleSoft requisition form shall document the request and approval of a requisition. Until such time as the UMUC Europe (ED) and Asian (AD) divisions have implemented the procurement module in PeopleSoft, a paper requisition form shall be used, as determined by the Senior Vice President for Military and Veterans Operations or designee, that is substantially similar to the sample requisition form attached to this policy.
- For UMUC Stateside, if the P-card is used for the purchase, the appropriate documentation required under P-Card procedures shall be used.
- UMUC Purchase Requisition Authority and Approvals:
- Under $5,000
- P–Card–If a P–card is used, approval by the P–card approver is required, or
- Purchase Requisition Form–If a purchase requisition form is used; approval by a Manager, Assistant Director, Director or Assistant Vice President is required.
- $5,000 to $25,000–In addition to the approvals already listed, approval by a Manager, Director, Assistant Vice President or Assistant and Associate Dean is required.
- $25,000 to $100,000–In addition to the approvals already listed, approval by the appropriate Associate Vice President or Vice President, or others as approved by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or the Chief Business Officer (CBO), is required.
- $100,000 to $500,000–In addition to the approvals already listed, approval by the President, Provost and Chief Academic Officer, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Business Officer (CBO), Senior Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management, or Senior Vice President for Military and Veterans Operations or their designees is required.
- $500,000 and Over–In addition to the approvals already listed, approval by the President or his/her designee is required.
- Under $5,000
- Signature Authority for Contracts and Purchase Orders which are a result of a UMUC procurement or are exempt from Procurement under USM Procurement Policies and Procedures, in accordance with Policy 370.10—Implementing Procurement Policies and Procedures, for UMUC Stateside:
- UMUC Stateside:
The Associate Vice President for Procurement, Assistant Vice President for Strategic Contracting, CFO, CBO, and President have signature authority for an unlimited dollar amount. Lower dollar amounts may be delegated to other staff who work in the Procurement Office.
- UMUC ED and AD:
By the Senior Vice President for Military and Veterans Operations or designee.
- UMUC Stateside:
- Signature Authority on Real Property Agreements and associated amendments:
- Real Property Acquisitions: Contracts of sale shall be signed by the members of the State of Maryland Board of Public Works.
- Space Leases:
- Leases shall be signed by the President or designee. Lease amendments shall be signed by the President or Chief Business Officer.
- If a lease requires Board of Regents approval, the lease document must also be signed by the Chancellor with approval for legal form and sufficiency by the Office of the Attorney General.
- UMUC ED and AD: Leases shall be signed by the Senior Vice President for Military and Veterans Operations or designee.
|Current Policy||Prior Policy|