Tuition Waiver for the MBA Program in the Graduate School of Management and Technology
Originator: Vice President and Dean, The Graduate School
Subject: Tuition Waiver for the MBA Program in the Graduate School of Management and Technology
- Covered Employees
- UMUC Employees
- This Policy applies to UMUC employees who are eligible for tuition remission under University System of Maryland Policy VII-4.10 who are enrolled in the UMUC MBA Program.
- Part-time UMUC employees who are employed at 50% or more time are eligible to receive a tuition wavier proportional to their percentage of tuition.
- USM Employees
- This Policy applies to USM employees who are eligible for tuition remission benefits under University System of Maryland Policy VII-4.10 who enrolled in the UMUC MBA program in the Spring I 2009 term or prior. Those USM employees who enroll in the MBA Program after the Spring I 2009 term are not covered by this Policy.
- Part-time USM employees who are employed at 50% or more time are eligible to receive a tuition wavier proportional to their percentage of tuition.
- The tuition waiver for USM Covered Employees shall cease at the completion of the Summer 2011 term or upon completion of the MBA Program by all USM employees covered under this Policy, whichever time is earliest.
This Policy is adopted to provide a tuition waiver benefit to a select group of UMUC and USM employees who are enrolled in the UMUC MBA Program. This Policy permits Covered Employees (as defined in Section II of this Policy) the ability to request and receive one tuition waiver per academic year for a maximum of four (4) academic credits. The tuition waiver may be applied to the Spring II term of each eligible employee who complies with the procedures outlined herein.
A Covered Employee may request a tuition waiver by completing the MBA Tuition Waiver Form, also located on UMUC's Human Resources Intranet site. If a Covered Employee does not fully complete and timely submit the tuition waiver form, he/she may not be eligible to receive the tuition waiver. Failure to submit the form and have the tuition waiver applied may also result in disenrollment from the course in accordance with established UMUC procedures.
|Current Policy||Prior Policy|