Data Analytics Admission Requirements
UMUC's data analytics programs are designed to take your career to the next level. To ensure you're prepared for success in our programs, we have designated the following admissions requirements.
Data Analytics Admission Criteria
To be admitted to the data analytics program, students must:
Submit official transcripts indicating completion of at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited degree-granting university or college.
And meet one of the following criteria.
Coursework (200-level or higher) in linear algebra, calculus, discrete mathematics, probability, statistics, hypothesis testing, estimation, computer programming, data structures, database development, or data mining from a regionally accredited college or university (official transcript required) with a minimum grade of B
Hold one of the following industry certifications:
- IBM certification in Cognos, Risk Analytics, or SPSS
- SAS certification in Foundation, Analytics, Administration, Data Management, or Enterprise Business Intelligence
- Microsoft certification (e.g., MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, MCSM, MCDBA)
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional
- Certified Analytics Professional
- Certified Data Management Professional
- Certified Health Data Analyst
- A score in the 75th percentile on the quantitative section of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT)
1 View gainful employment disclosures for certificates