Data Analytics Admission Requirements
UMUC's data analytics programs are designed to take your career to the next level. To ensure you're prepared for success in our programs, we have designated the following admissions requirements.
Data Analytics Admission Criteria
To be admitted to a data analytics program, students must:
Submit official transcripts indicating completion of at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited degree-granting university or college.
And meet one of the following criteria.
Scored in the 75th percentile on the quantitative section of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
Hold one of the following industry certifications:
- IBM certification in Cognos, Risk Analytics, or SPSS
- SAS certification in Foundation, Analytics, Administration, Data Management or Enterprise Business Intelligence
- Microsoft certification (e.g., MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, MCSM, MCDBA)
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional
- Certified Analytics Professional
- Certified Data Management Professional
- Certified Health Data Analyst
Earned a minimum grade of B from coursework at the 200-level or higher completed at a regionally accredited college or university in calculus, probability, statistics, computer programming, data structures, database development or data mining (official transcript required).
1 View gainful employment disclosures for certificates