Online Human Resources Degrees and Certificates
UMUC's online human resources degrees and certificates 1 give you a competitive edge and prepare you for industry certification.
- Learn from real-life examples: Human resources faculty bring their professional experience to classroom assignments, giving you practical knowledge and skills you can apply right away on the job.
- Earn your seat at the decision-making table: Increasingly, human resources practitioners are members of a business's strategic leadership team. UMUC's programs will help you build management and leadership competencies for effectiveness in the boardroom.
- Prepare for certification: Our human resources curriculum aligns with standards developed by the Society for Human Resources Management so you can prepare for industry exams and certification.
Bachelor's Degrees and Certificates in Human Resources
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management
- Minor in Diversity Awareness
- Minor in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
Master's Degrees and Graduate Certificates in Human Resources
- Master's in Management, Human Resource Management specialization
- Graduate Certificate in Foundations of Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management Club
Join discussions about the field of human resources as you network with students working in the industry and share career information. This group is a chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management.
"I've worked in several small businesses, but my ultimate goal was to work at a larger organization within a human resources department—something I wouldn't have been able to do without a degree. Just before I graduated, I was able to land that dream job at a prestigious community hospital."
1 View gainful employment disclosures for certificates.
2 Source: U.S. Department of Labor's O*Net OnLine.
projected growth in demand for human resources specialists and training/ development specialists through 2020 2
Human Resources Faculty‑Practitioners
Here's just a sampling of our faculty's professional experience.
Where Human Resources
Faculty Members Work
(past and present)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Federal Personnel Management Institute
- Employment and labor relations law firm
Positions Held by Human Resources Faculty Members
- Counselor for labor and employment law
- Associate general counsel
- Private practice attorney